The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2018 competition.
- 2 first-place awards of $50,000
- 2 second-place awards of $40,000
- 2 third-place awards of $30,000
- 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000
- 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000.
- Be a U.S. Citizen/Resident
- You must be a current high school senior. High school graduates are not eligible.
- You must take either the ACT or SAT on or before November 4, 2017.
- Essay Topic: Using one of the leadership roles or extracurricular activities you prioritized as being important to you, describe what impact the experience had on you, what you contributed, what you learned about yourself, and how it has influenced your plans for the future. (300 Word Limit)
- Keep Handy
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- List of extra-curricular activities to include organizations, teams, greek life, clubs, honor societies, etc
- Transcript with unweighted GPA
- Test Scores
Due November 27, 2017
Counselor Report is due November 29, 2017
January 2018 State Finalists Notified
March 2018 Semi-Finalists Notified
April 2018 The Top 20 National Finalists will be selected to attend a mandatory Leadership Weekend with an interview component in Chicago from April 26 to 29, 2018.
Don’t be afraid to apply because if it is for you it will be. Please contact if you would like any help in applying.