The McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship opens the door to higher education for graduating high school seniors who face limited access to educational and career opportunities. The Scholarship seeks to invest in students who are exemplary role models in their communities and have the initiative to fulfill their educational goals.
- Five 100,000 Scholarships payable over 4 consecutive years of undergraduate education
- Be a U.S. Citizen/Resident
- Be a high school senior.
- Be younger than 21 years old.
- Carry a minimum 2.7 GPA.
- At least one parent of Hispanic heritage.
- Be eligible to attend a two-or four-year college or university with a full-time course of study.
- Must enroll and attend an accredited institution in the academic year after their selection. Verification is needed as scholarship funds are paid directly to the school.
- Recommendation Letter from a teacher or member of the community who is familiar with your academic performance and community involvement
- (Optional) Video Entry
- You may provide a short video of no more than two (2) minutes telling the selection committee about you and why you feel you deserve this scholarship.
- If you choose to submit a video essay, the video will only be used for purposes of your scholarship application.
- Video Requirements
- No more than 2 minutes in length.
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or other free video services.
- The video may not be password protected or require a sign into view.
- The video must be available through August 2018.
- You may not provide a DVD or any other physical video. Mailed video submissions will not be reviewed or returned.
- Essay Questions
- What has most influenced your professional or career aspirations for the future?(100 Word Limit)
- Describe an influential person in your life, and how he/she has helped change your view of yourself and the world. You may use examples from your family life, community service or extracurricular activities. (100 Word Limit)
- Some believe that a person of character demonstrates the following six qualities: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Pick one of these qualities, describe the value of this quality, and, most importantly, explain how you have exemplified this trait. (100 Word Limit)
- Describe a time when you were in a leadership position. What obstacles did you have to overcome? How did you overcome those obstacles to obtain your goal? (100 Word Limit)
- Keep Handy
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- List of extra-curricular activities to include organizations, teams, greek life, clubs, honor societies, etc
- Transcript with unweighted GPA
- Test Scores
Due February 5, 2018
Recommendation Letter is due February 12, 2018
Don’t be afraid to apply because if it is for you it will be. Please contact if you would like any help in applying.