The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
- 20 Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000. The scholarship will be awarded in four equal annual payments of $5,000 throughout the winner’s four-year college career.
- Be a U.S. Citizen/Resident
- Be a current high school senior entering a four-year, accredited US college or university in the Fall of 2018
- Be currently a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team or be involved in after-school sports (e.g. intramurals, martial arts, etc.)
- Have maintained an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher from ninth grade to first semester of 12th grade
- Letter of Recommendation from a Non-Family Member
- This person should be a teacher, coach, administrator, or mentor who is able to attest to how you have demonstrated great character and leadership in sports, school, and your broader community
- 2 Essays
- Sports teach important lessons in leadership, teamwork, and sportsmanship. How have you embodied these qualities on your team and in your community? (Your community could include: your volunteer experiences, any leadership roles at your school or youth groups, and/or any other projects or efforts you think we should really know about!). Suggested length of 300-500 words.Describe a defining moment in your life that has helped to shape your dreams and plans for the future. (Be sure to describe your academic/career goals and any challenges you’ve faced or are currently facing and how they have shaped your aspiration). Suggested length of 300-500 words.
- Keep Handy
- List of extra-curricular activities to include organizations, teams, clubs, honor societies, etc
Due December 15, 2017
Winners to be announced:
Don’t be afraid to apply because if it is for you it will be. Please contact if you would like any help in applying.